Jennifer Sutcliffe said her husband was bitten when the two were doing weekend yard work, according to Kiii TV. "He had to rip it off". He was rushed to a nearby hospital, where he underwent 26 doses of antivenom.
Jennifer was working in a flower bed when she discovered an invader that was much more sinister than pesky weeds. But. he started having seizures, lost his visions and began bleeding internally.
Leslie Boyer, an anti-venom doctor at the University of Arizona VIPER Institute, warned against attempting to kill snakes, particularly by cutting them.
Because the head was severed from the body, the reptile is believed to have released an extremely large amount of deadly venom into her husband's hand.
Gasquet vows to end losing streak against Nadal
Sloane Stephens advanced too, but the 10th-seeded American had a much more hard time beating Italy's Camila Giorgi 4-6 6-1 8-6. It promises to be a hard-hitting match, with big serves and booming forehands, when Isner meets del Potro in the fourth round.
He is now in stable condition, but his kidney function is still poor.
The key to surviving a snakebite, says Halpert, is to get medical help immediately if not sooner; nearly all victims of fatal snakebites in recent years died, at least in part, because they either refused medical treatment or didn't get it soon enough. And though there are about 7-8,000 snake bites from venomous snakes in the US each year, only about 10-12 of them, on average, result in fatalities, says trauma surgeon Michael Halpert.
She said her husband has thought about that Sunday morning and talks about wishing he could go back and do just one thing differently. "They get real snappy in the throes of death".
A Texan man was told by doctors he might not live after being bitten by a severed rattlesnake head. A better option, experts say, is to call animal control to have the snake safely removed.
"The head actually turned around and grabbed onto his hand".