Firefighters say four people have been displaced after a house fire late Friday afternoon.
It broke out just after 11 p.m.
Two dogs in the backyard of the burning home on the 2200 block of North Jackson Avenue were safely removed from the property.
The appliance overheated, Heigh said, to the point where the fire started and got out from underneath the freezer and into the wall. "Fire follows every little void and it follows every little track".
Crews contained the fire to the rear addition.
"I'm not sure if we would rebuild it", she said.
Spring storm could bring snow, freezing rain over weekend: Environment Canada
Hydro officials said extra crews have been brought in to respond to outages created by the storm system. The freezing rain is expected to last until Sunday morning before changing to more heavy rainfall.
A State Forestry Unit and Watertown volunteer firefighters, Wilson County sheriff's deputies and Rehab 23 also responded to the scene.
At first, crews attacked the house from all sides. Then, for more than an hour, the hose from the basket drenched the house to put out the fire in the flaring out from under the roof tiles. One cat was rescued and two still are hiding.
He has already chose to ride out the fire no matter how close it gets.
PIO Monte called the fire, "suspicious in nature".
"It was a hard fire", he said.
The Office of the State Fire Marshall is investigating both fires.